Mid shear mixers are typically used for processes where high shear leads to product deformation and low shear results in inadequate mixing.
Combine gentle and mid low shear mixing in one machine
The Vitomix® from Hosokawa Micron is a mid-shear mixer capable of ultra-short cycle times with up to 8 times more transport volume than conventional ribbon screw mixers. It is also known as a ribbon screw blender, also has a wider range of operation using tip speeds from 0.4 m/s to 6.0 m/s. This multi-functional mixer combines gentle mixing and mid to low shear in one compact machine. It’s ideal for the addition of liquids and creates a homogenous mixture without using lump breakers.
- Combining gentle and mid low shear mixing in one machine
- Addition of liquids creating a homogenous mixture without needing lump breakers
- Coating powders with powders
- Fast mixing of powders, pastes and slurries
- Fast and full discharge with bottom outlet
- Energy-efficient mixing