Information We CollectInformation we collect falls into two categories: “voluntarily provided” information and “automatically collected” information. “Voluntarily provided” information refers to any information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and promotions. “Automatically collected” information refers to any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
Log DataWhen you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details about your visit. Additionally, if you encounter specific errors while using the site, we may automatically collect data about the error and the circumstances surrounding its occurrence. This data may include technical details about your device, what you were trying to do when the error happened, and other technical information relating to the problem. You may or may not receive notice of such errors, even at the moment they occur, that they have occurred, or what the nature of the error is. Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying, it may be possible to combine it with other data to identify individual persons personally.
Device DataWhen you visit our website or interact with our services, we may automatically collect data about your device, such as:
- Device Type
- Operating System
- Unique device identifiers
- Device settings
Personal InformationWe may ask for personal information — for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter or when you contact us — which may include one or more of the following:
- Social media profiles
- Phone/mobile number
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal InformationWe only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. For instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
Collection and Use of InformationWe may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Register for an account
- Enter any of our competitions, contests, sweepstakes, and surveys
- Sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via email, social media, or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
- to provide you with our platform's core features and services
- to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of our website
- to contact and communicate with you
- for analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for advertising and marketing, including sending you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you
- to enable you to access and use our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- to run competitions, sweepstakes, and/or offer additional benefits to you
- to attribute any content (e.g., posts and comments) you submit that we publish on our website
- for technical assessment, including to operate and improve our app, associated applications, and associated social media platforms
Security of Your Personal InformationWhen we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no electronic transmission or storage method is 100% secure. No one can guarantee absolute data security. You are responsible for selecting any password and its overall security strength, ensuring the security of your information within the bounds of our services, for example, guaranteeing any passwords associated with accessing your personal information and accounts are secure and confidential.
Children’s PrivacyWe do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 13.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third PartiesWe may disclose personal information to:
- a parent, subsidiary, or affiliate of our company
- third-party service providers to enable them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators
- our employees, contractors, and/or related entities
- our existing or potential agents or business partners
- sponsors or promoters of any competition, sweepstakes, or promotion we run
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings or to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services, or direct marketing to you
- third parties to collect and process data
- an entity that buys or to which we transfer all or substantially all of our assets and business
- Google Analytics
- Google Adsense
- Bing Ads
Business TransfersIf we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data, including your personal information, among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any parties who receive us may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, continue to use your personal information according to this policy, which they will be required to assume as it is the basis for any ownership or use rights we have over such information.
Limits of Our PolicyOur website may link to external sites that we do not operate. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Additional Disclosures for Australian Privacy Act Compliance (AU)
International Transfers of Personal InformationWhere the disclosure of your personal information is solely subject to Australian privacy laws, you acknowledge that the Privacy Act may not regulate some third parties and the Australian Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act. Further, you acknowledge that if any such third party engages in any act or practice that contradicts the Australian Privacy Principles, it would not be accountable under the Privacy Act. Consequently, you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act.
Additional Disclosures for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance (EU)
Data Controller / Data ProcessorThe GDPR distinguishes between organizations that process personal information for their purposes (known as “data controllers”) and organizations that process personal information on behalf of other organizations (known as “data processors”). We, Making.com BV, located at the address provided in our Contact Us section, are a Data Controller and/or Processor concerning the personal information you provide to us.
Legal Bases for Processing Your Personal InformationWe will only collect and use your personal information when we have a legal right to do so. In which case, we will collect and use your personal information lawfully, reasonably, and in a transparent manner. For example, suppose we seek your consent to process your personal information, and you are under 16 years of age. In that case, we will seek your parent or legal guardian’s consent to process your personal data for that specific purpose. Our lawful bases depend on the services you use and how you use them. This means we only collect and use your information on the following grounds:
Performance of a Contract or TransactionYou have entered into a contract or transaction with us or take preparatory steps before entering into a contract or transaction with you. For example, if you contact us with an inquiry, we may require personal information such as your name and contact details to respond.
Our Legitimate InterestsWe assess it as necessary for our legitimate interests, such as providing, operating, improving, and communicating our services. For example, we consider our legitimate interests to include research and development, understanding our audience, marketing and promoting our services, operating our services efficiently, marketing analysis, and measures taken to protect our legal rights and interests.
International Transfers Outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example, by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal InformationRestrict: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information if (i) you are concerned about the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) you believe your personal information has been unlawfully processed; (iii) you need us to maintain the personal information solely for a legal claim; or (iv) we are in the process of considering your objection about processing based on legitimate interests. Objecting to processing: You have the right to object to processing your personal information based on your legitimate interests or public interest. However, if this is done, we must provide compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which overrides your interests, rights, and freedoms to proceed with processing your personal information. Data portability: You may have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or another easily readable machine format. You may also have the right to request that we transfer this personal information to a third party. Deletion: You may have a right to request that we delete the personal information we hold about you at any time, and we will take reasonable steps to delete your personal information from our current records. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will let you know how the deletion affects your use of our website or products and services. There may be exceptions to this right for specific legal reasons, which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Please be aware that search engines and similar third parties may still retain copies of your personal information that has been made public at least once, like certain profile information and public comments, even after you have deleted the information from our services or deactivated your account.
CCPA-permitted financial incentivesFollowing your right to non-discrimination, we may offer you specific financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels for the goods or services we provide. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to the value of your personal information, and we will provide written terms that describe clearly the nature of such an offer. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
California Notice of CollectionIn the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Customer records, such as billing and shipping address and credit or debit card data.
- Commercial information, such as products or services history and purchases.
- Internet activity, such as your interactions with our service.
- Audio or visual data, such as photos or videos you share with us or post on the service.
- Geolocation data.
- Inferences, such as information about your interests, preferences, and favorites.
Right to Know and DeleteIf you are a California resident, you have the right to delete the personal information we collected and know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.