Spiral jet mill
Jet mills are frequently used in the pharmaceutical industry and also for the production of fine-grade chemicals. Jet milling uses highly compressed air or other gasses to reduce particles into powders with dimensions as small as one micron across.
Milling with high purity and minimal contamination
The Spiral Jet Mill – AS Aeroplex from Hosokawa Alpine is used to manufacture fine-grade chemicals for ultrafine size reduction of dry materials with a crystalline structure up to a Mohs hardness of 3.
Because it has no rotating components, there are consequently no bearings and shaft seals, and thus no lubricants are used. Contamination from these sources is therefore impossible.
This device is frequently used in the pharmaceutical industry to manufacture fine-grade chemicals, to create polymer powders for the plastics industry, adhesives, cosmetics, paint and ink compounds, pharmaceuticals, and more.
- Vertical mill housing for easy handling
- Special grinding zone geometry for products free of oversized particles
- Stainless steel design, product-contact surfaces with a high-quality finish
- Easy to dismantle and clean
- Explosion protected designs