Fine cutting mill
When you want to mill soft to medium-hard plastics in the fineness range of several hundred µm to 2 mm, a fine cutting mill can be a good solution for you. Such mills are suitable for the communication of rubber, plastics, and other substances.
Smooth, cubic shape output with good flow properties
Fine Cutting Mill AFS from Hosokawa Alpine are commonly used in the size reduction of soft, medium-hard, fibrous and tough materials. A rotor inside the mill revolves at high speed. Different rotor geometries make mills adaptable to different material properties (medium-hard, soft, fibrous or elastic materials).
The feed material, usually between 4 and 8 mm in size, is fed into the grinding zone via the intake chute on the mill door. Size reduction takes place between the axially adjustable stator disc and the rotating grinding disc, which rotates at a high peripheral speed in accordance with the shearing and cutting principle. The actual grinding is effected in stages through a grinding gap which tapers from the inside to the outside. The finely ground product exits the grinding zone through an exactly defined gap.
- One-piece grinding discs with a variety of toothing geometries optimized with regard to wear and maintenance
- High throughput capacity at low specific energy consumption
- The grinding elements can be exchanged within a few minutes
- Quick and easy access to the grinding chamber to permit cleaning and maintenance procedures
- Reliable high-speed precision bearings