Laboratory capsule filler for liquid solutions
A recent important change in the industry is the trend toward providing liquid doses contained in hard capsules. The right equipment is need to develop processes to fill hard capsules with the wide variety of liquids used by today’s pharmaceutical producers. Laboratory equipment that is capable of handling waxes and lipids, automatically sealing the capsules, and maintaining a tightly controlled process suitable for scaling to production levels will give pharmaceutical innovators an edge of the competition.
Fill and seal hard capsules with any pharmaceutical liquid
Fluidocap 1000 is a semi-automatic machine for filling hard pharmaceutical capsules with liquid an sealing them. It is provided by ACGE-Associated Capsules a world leader in pharmaceutical machinery manufacturing. Traditionally liquid doses have been provided in soft gel-cap form and have presented drug makers with the common problems of high cost, wastage, cross contamination, migration of the drug into the capsule, and low bioavailability.
The Fluidocap range of machines address these issues by allowing the filling and sealing of hard capsules with liquid compounds rather that relying on soft gelcaps. The hard capsules can be filled with a wide range of formulations including lipid-based products, high viscosity pastes, and wax type products. They are sealed with a gelatin band. The Fluidocap 1000 capsule filler for liquid is designed for laboratory use and can produce up to 1000 capsules per hour but can easily be scaled up to commercial level production.
- Provide pharmaceutical doses in liquid form while avoiding the common issues with soft-gel capsules
- Fill hard capsules with a wide variety of liquids including lipids, waxes, and high viscosity pasts
- Automatic sealing of hard capsules using a gelatin band
- Laboratory equipment designed to be scaled up for commercial production
- Enhanced appearance and bio-availability improve patient compliance and results