GMP cooler for hot melt extrusion
Pharmaceutical production of extruded hot melt masses requires a GMP designed, FDA approved hot melt cooler that meets the highest demands of the industry whilst maximising throughput and cooling efficiency.
Production GMP hot melt extrusion cooler
The BBA Innova CCR-40/35-PH is an innovative cooler using Chilled Cooling Rolls technology to solidify product after passing through a hot melt extruder, which is then passed to a built-in flaker.
Designed specifically for pharmaceutical operation, the CCR-40/35-PH is compact and easy to set and use whilst achieving high throughput. Suitable for GMP environments thanks to the complete separation of drive and processing sections, the unit has been designed to be easy to clean to the highest required standards for pharma applications.
All-FDA approved materials are used throughout, and product-contacting components are all removable simply, without the need for tools.
With a maximum throughput of 50kg per hour, this unit is ideal for most production settings. All cooling parameters developed in the lab via the CCR-20/12-PH lab version are directly scalable to this production machine, reducing time in taking product from R&D to production.
- Results are directly scalable from lab size size CCR, speeding route from R&D to production
- GMP and FDA approved materials - designed from the ground up for pharmaceutical use
- Easy handling, fast cleaning and quick retrofitting minimises your down time
- Fully adjustable calender nip to precisely control product layer thickness
- Wide range of options including enclosures, air exhaust connections, flow and temperature monitors, different flaker shafts and many more